Friday, April 01, 2011

Where the heck am I?

Well, I can assure you I'm not in Calgary any more. On March10th, 2011 I took a flight of a lifetime and a chance of a lifetime too perhaps to spend some time and better myself...all the way here in Seoul, South Korea.



The main reason I am here is of course to work and gain more experience, on April 4th, 2011 I will be starting as a Junior Accountant at the Aramco division here in SK, mainly doing Accounts based around Hyundai Shipping Corp. I have done many jobs in my life, and have walked amongst some amazing, RICH, and heavily influential people. BUT for the first time ever, I can assure you that I AM SO NERVOUS to start this venture. 



I came here about a month earlier, to adjust myself to the Seoul. I mean its one thing going to a totally different continent but its another thing to figure out the new city you live in! Especially when its such a metropolitan city like Seoul. The subway line alone confuses me to no end!! So far SO GOOD though. I do not know a TON of people here, but I do know enough to make the time go by, and hopefully once I start work, I can create a more exciting life in the social department. Then again, coming from the social life I left behind in Calgary, Canada...I'm pretty sure everything will seem mundane.

AH HA! But my friends, that is the whole point of me coming here. To TONE IT THE F&%# DOWN!! To tone my life down, to tone my attitude down, to tone my language down, to tone my ego down, to tone everything down!!! The simple life is what I am leading here, and its a huge reality slap across my very perfect face.

I miss my friends dearly, but I appreciate them 10x more now, then I did before. I never realized how my life revolves around them. Not saying it's a bad thing, BUT it isn't a good thing. I like that I am learning more about myself and learning to well, BE BY MYSELF for once! I have lived a life of constant nurture, whether it be from my parents, my siblings or my friends. I have constantly been baby'd, my life has been protected by everyone around. FOR ONCE, I am by myself, feeling what so many people feel on a daily basis, loneliness, and I am not gonna lie...I kinda like it.

So back to the topic at hand, WHERE THE HECK AM I? I'm in Seoul, South Korea, and I'm starting a new life. Not gonna forget about the old one, but I'm definitely looking forward to the new chapter in my life.

"Without the Way there is no going; without the Truth there is no knowing; without the Life there is no living."
Thomas A Kempis

No comments: