Thursday, April 21, 2011

My dear brother, may you forever rest in peace.

You may not be my blood, but you are the father of my nieces, the husband of my sister and always a friend. You've been in my life longer than you have not been in it. We started off rocky, I was young, I felt you stole my older sister from me when you married her. But then you gave me the 2 greatest joys in my life, Maya and Hana. I didn't think children could be so beautiful. You raised them in the most loving home, you gave them unconditional love and everything a child could desire. You kept my crazy sister sane, you dealt with her childish mannerisms, you loved her and you took care of her. You loved me, you always helped me and you never judged me. With a whole heart you forgave me for everything, and I forgive you for everything. I never got the chance to say goodbye to you. Allah did not give us the luxury of allotting us the time to tell you how much you mean to us. You were robbed of your life too young and unfairly. But nothing in life is unfair, it is all Allah's plan. It is all a game and we are merely pawns. You made me feel smart, you always had good intentions and you were a great role model. I will forever remember the struggles you went through to protect your family, my family.

You were an amazing man, you had an amazing heart. And your heart is what killed you in the end, metaphorically and literally. I wish I had the chance to tell you how much you mean to me. To thank you for raising my nieces with the highest sense of self esteem and pride. I call you my brother in law, but I proudly call you my brother. I am 22 years old and you have been in my life for 15 of those glorious years. I would trade anything to have you back in my life. I would give up any amounts of money to spend one more day with you. I know you're up their, smiling, and very aware of how dearly you are missed. 2011 started off by losing you, and there is no recovering from this year. I was angry at you at first for leaving, I was angry at Allah, I was angry at everyone, but I genuinly know you left because you knew it was your time.

I miss you, I love you and you will never be forgotten. You will live forever in your children, my nieces. And we will make sure they do your name justice. You were an amazing person, and I thank you for everything you have taught me in life. You're the only one that could relate to half the struggles I myself am currently going through, and you left me. You left your wife, you left my sister, you left your children, you left my nieces. But you are not really gone, you live inside of them. Every time they smile I see you. Every time they I see you holding them. We will be okay, because I know that is what you want. May you forever finally rest in peace. Life has given you hell, and now it is your chance to finally rest and be at peace.

It's not goodbye brother, it's till we meet again.


No comments: