Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Someday...

I'm gonna make it right. Someday I'm gonna love you forever.

What is a definition of a true friend? To me a friend is someone who knows all about your past and present and still wants to be be apart of your future. A true friend is someone through thick and thin, no matter how large the mistake will look past it and see your sorrow and will still love you. A true friend does not judge you by how much money you have, how popular you are, how much weight you've gained, how much money you waste on foolish things, how broke you are right after payday, how stupid you get at the bar, how often you get kicked out of said bar, how stupid wasted you get and get naked and run around downtown. No a true friend will never judge you by the mistakes you've made, rather how you will fix these mistakes. A true friend, no matter how far you move away will still love you and never forget you. A true friend will waste their own time to fix your mistakes, will sit with you in an impound lot and tell you "it's okay". A friend bails you out from situations which you have mangled yourself into, but a true friend will be beside you while these situations happen and guide you through it. A true friend will sit with on a hardwood floor and cry, a true friend will leave everyone behind to make sure you have the greatest birthday ever, although you just got kicked out of your own party, a true friend will protect your house during a house party and will take a verbal beating from you because you're to drunk and to high to know any better. A true friend will clean up your mess even when you've ran away from the mess. 

A true friend will make you feel like you're at home just by talking to them, will tell you every detail of every emotion they feel because they know they will not judge you for it. A true friend is someone who doesn't have to ask "what happened?", they already know. A true friend is someone who cares about you unconditionally and will show you everyday, a true friend is someone you don't talk to for months but when you do it's like no time has even passed. A true friend tells you they miss you everyday and that they love you. A true friend always makes you feel included even when your thousands of miles away.

A true friend never steals from you, but shares everything with you, lets you pass out in their bed at 4am wasted even when they didn't go out that night, a true friend will never leave you stranded and will drive you at all hours of the night to get where you need to go to be happy. A true friend, lets you leave them in order for you to clean your own life up. A true friend is someone you can live with for months and never have an argument, a true friend is someone who always tells you the truth no matter how emotionally wrecking the truth can be. 

I have friends, and I have best friends. I grew up in a country foreign to me and alone at a very young age, my family was thousands of miles away, I only had friends to seek comfort in. I grew up and they grew up with me, some stayed, some left. I love each one passionately, but only a few of them hold a place in my heart. My hearts not that big, so if you're in there, you're a permanent residence. My friends grew to be the only family in a country so far way from home to be the only family I have. I love my parents, my brother and my sister, my nieces and all my relatives, but it's a hard to find comfort in them when they are miles away. I look to these special people for comfort in a land that I now call my home.

And the more time apart I spend from them, the more close I feel with them. I needed to leave to better myself, I will never blame my friends for my own mistakes, I will blame them for loving even though I made so many mistakes. I will never understand how I got so lucky to have people who are not even blood related that can love the way they love me. 

And I will forever be thankful for that. A true friend is someone who doesn't need to read a blog post to know how much I love and thank them for everything they have done. For every time I have put you in an awkward situation and for every time I have gotten into a rage and taken it out on you, I am sorry, but you know I unconditionally love you.

Someday I'm gonna get it right, my life
Someday I'm gonna figure it out, maybe tonight
Cause I know Imma get it right
.

No comments: