Monday, June 20, 2011

Internet Dating, a world I will never understand...

So recently I have gone through a pretty shitty breakup. My loving friends have also brought to my attention that they don't like my single life so much. Ha. I guess I have taken the extreme turn from having a boyfriend for the better part of my adult life, (since I was 13) and have not been single since that age, my extreme turn to YEAH SINGLE LIFE, is apparently alarming to my said friends.

I mean, I am not gonna lie, HOW IS IT THAT I DIDN'T KNOW HOW AMAZING IT WAS TO BE SINGLE ALL THIS TIME?!?! I have genuinely been missing out. I'm not saying that I will never date again, but I am taking a solid break. I'm thinking for the next year or so. Seriously, I am loving casual encounters and not having to worry about someones opinion constantly, and having to live up to someones unreasonable expectations, controlling attitude and psychoanalyzing everything I do. Maaaaaybe it was the kind of guy I dated that turned me off so much. But I think it's fair I give some time to be by myself, and dedicate to me. I think I deserve THAT much, no?

I haven't been single since I was 13 going on 14 people!!! 

With that being said, my friends SIGNED ME UP for a dating site. I won't say which one, but I didn't know they had done so. Until I suddenly got all these random requests on my e-mail. And then I knew what was up.

I wasn't mad, if anything I was kind of offended. That they think I couldn't find a guy is why I was single? Nah bro's, on the contrary, I am CHOOSING to be single. I have yet to find someone that is worthy of my time, I just don't see the point in wasting my time with guys I know I see no future with. I'll just sleep around and get my fill for the time being. LOL.


Jokes aside, what's with some of the guys on dating sites? Like why the need to send such disgusting repulsive messages to women? And my big question is DOES IT ACTUALLY WORK!? DO people actually respond to such vulgar comments made to them? And like do men get messages from women? I know if my life depended on it I wouldn't send someone a message on the site I am on, due to the simple fact that my EGO is way to big for that. I have yet to reply to a single person either, if anything it is amazing entertainment during work. I'm definitely not trying to be snotty, the whole reason my friends signed me up was due to the fact that they think CLEARLY the men I am currently meeting are not working out for me and they think I need to broaden my horizons. I can see their point, but does the internet REALLY bring out the best men?

Me not replying to anyone on this site has nothing to do with my ego being to big, none of these men have said anything of value or anything that would make me attracted to them. Saying shit like "HEY BABY UR SO YUMMY" is not making me want to reply to you and thus meet you in real life.

Which brings me to my next point...meeting somoene off the internet. I have met one person off the internet, very randomly once. And I don't even know if this is considered meeting someone off the internet as so much as I used to post on a local website catered to my home city, and someone in the forum I used to post recognized me one night at a bar. It was weird to say the least, cause I did not recognize them one bit.

I don't know if I could meet someone like that intentionally though, I am such a pussy. I am scared of people killing me at all times. I mean but in reality whats the big difference than when I go out with a guy I have only met once? I know him the same amount as I know whoever I have been talking to on said dating site technically right? But that's the thing the whole awkward "what's he really gonna look like" part never arises in meeting UP with someone. Even if you met said person when you were heavily intoxicated...sometimes turns out the same way too!!

I don't know, I guess the whole online dating thing will take some time to get used to if I ever get used to it even. I mean I have some girlfriends that have met AMAZING guys off this site, and their current boyfriends. But my lack of trying, effort, and not wanting a boyfriend, combined with the intense amount of ugly, creepy, old, pig like men messaging me might be a deathly awkward fucking WEIRD scenario.

Well, I guess I will find out.


1 comment:

ms.composure said...

good luck!! i am currently on the same journey...hope you are able to find someone good!!