Sunday, June 12, 2011

Am I total bitch?

I have been called many things in my life, funny names, names of endearment, insults, racist names, you name it and I've been called it. The one I get a lot is "bitch" though, both in a "You are such a bitch, I love it!" and in a "You're such a bitchy cunt" kind of way. I never really thought about it till my Mother brought it up to me the other day over a phone conversation...that maybe I am a total bitch. I don't take anything seriously until my MOTHER says it to me for some reason.

I am one of those people that hate talking to random strangers, I am not even going to pretend I give a hoot about your day just because you're sitting beside my on the subway. I do not care what your travel plans are, how many kids you have, where you are from, why you're going wherever you're going and don't think the 15 hour plane right sitting beside each other we have is gonna change my mind. I just don't see the the use in useless banter with someone that will lead to nothing. I'd rather be left alone and listen to my music and read my books. 

I AM that girl when I go on trips with my friends to resorts in Cancun, Cuba, Dom Rep, Costa Rica that does the LEAST socializing with other tourists and I do not enjoy random groups of guys coming up to us in the pool to "see what our plans for the evening are". I am here on a vacation, not there to make fuckin friends, as you can see *points to group of friends* I already have some great ones.

I tend to be a very likable person though, I get along with people at work, I've always been really popular amongst people and I am definitely the loud obnoxious life of the party. I have countless groups of friends, so I don't consider myself to be anti social if anything I am the opposite, most of my relationships with men have failed due to ugh lets just say how OUTGOING I can be.

BUT when it comes to everyday life, I just don't like making the time to talk to people, I hate when I am at the airport with my friends or family and other people try and talk to us, and everyone says I am "such a bitch" for blatantly ignoring the conversation my friends or family are having with these random strangers. Or eating lunch by myself during work and people from other departments have to talk to me about their weekends, like does this look like a face that cares?? I mean, people in general like me I tend to notice, I don't know WHY, but it just happens. ALSO, I am NOT trying to sound concieted AT ALL, I am just saying that because I don't want people to think "well you're a bitch and thats why you have no friends and no one likes you", nah totally the opposite, it seems people wanna annoy me with their useless banter EVEN MORE because they think I am a "bitch" which I do not think I am. 

It's not like I am RUDE, or MEAN to people on an everday basis, when someone does talk to me I'll answer whatever they ask, and reply to whatever they said, I won't just flat out ignore someone, but I do try my damned hardest too.

I REALLY value silence.

Does this qualify me to be a bitch? Is that not normal? Is there anyone else out there that does this? Or am I just a total bitch? I always figured since I had a lot of friends, good ones at that, and was in general nice to people, I passed the "not a bitch test"...due to recent events I guess I was wrong. 


1 comment:

Carrymel said...

fierce shoes!